Join us February 27 through March 6, 2020, for this year's Hearts on Fire Novena.
The theme this year is "Teach us to be Generous." We will have eight presenters; each one will lead us in a new lesson on how to be generous.
Father Mike Moynahan, S.J., St. Ignatius Parish Pastor
• Comes from the deserts of Arizona and loves the wisdom of the desert mothers and fathers
• Loves all things Irish, including the wisdom of Celtic Spirituality
• Both a poet and a storyteller
• As a Jesuit, he understands that gratitude and generosity live in the same house.
Father John McGarry, S.J.
• Originally from Los Angeles, California
• Former Principal of Jesuit High School, now President
• A member of the Society of Jesus for 37 years, 27 years a priest
• His parents taught him by word and example. Be grateful. Be generous.
Mr. Dino Rufo
• Ignatian Spiritual Advisor
• Retired attorney
• Husband, Father, Grandfather
Mr Alan Nissila
• Liturgy Director of St. Ignatius Parish
• Pastoral Musician for over 30 years
• Enjoys classic films, RVing and cycling at a leisurely pace
• Director of the Center for Ignatian Spirituality
• Theology faculty member at Jesuit High School
• Team member of the Ignatian Formation of deacon candidates and spouses for the Diocese of Sacramento
Father Chuck Tilley, S.J., Associate Pastor at St. Ignatius/Business Manager
• He knows he is the most handsome priest here at S.I.
• He inspires others with his modesty
• He is softspoken and gentle
• He shivers every time he passes an open refrigerator door.
• Wife for 33 years and mother of three young adults
• Raised Baptist and was received into the Catholic Church 30 years ago
• Lifelong student of scripture, music and liturgy
• Music Director of St. Ignatius Church
Fr. Tom O’Neill S.J., Associate Pastor of St. Ignatius
• Superior of the Sacramento Jesuit Community
• Helps at Jesuit High School and Cristo Rey High School
• An artist with a M.F.A. in painting from the Pratt Institute in Brooklyn, N.Y.
• A “Friend of Bill” blessed with nearly 6 years of sobriety