• The use of the communion cup is temporarily suspended.
• Receive the Body of Christ in the hand (although receiving on the tongue is still permitted)
• Refrain from shaking hands (a “nod” or elbow bump is allowed.)
• Refrain from holding hands during the Our Father
• Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion will cleanse their hands with hand sanitizer before distributing communion.
And most importantly: the obligation to attend Mass on Sunday or other Holy Days does not apply to those who are sick.
If you are sick, stay home and take care of yourself, and do not risk spreading illness to your Brothers and Sisters.